Today was a 5/10 on the grey-scale. 10/10 being, "as grey as you could imagine" and 1/10 being "just barely grey." I know I shouldn't make a general statement about the place after living here for only three weeks, so I'm not, I am simply saying that in the 21 days I have been here, we have had the following weather breakdown: 9 days of overcast, 4 days of overcast with rain, 3 days of overcast with wind and rain, 2 days of overcast with wind, 1.5 days of overcast with sunny periods, and 1.5 days of sun (with periods of overcast).
Anyway, that isn't really why I am posting tonight. I wanted to write the first of possibly many, "Nuggets that I have Learned/Confirmed for Myself in the Recent Past."
1. I really don't like television. I still watch it sometimes, but I am never in a better mood after watching t.v., than I was before I started. Usually I end up feeling cranky because it has been too loud, or stupid, or full of commercials, or some combination. If I ask myself, "what will I be missing if I stop watching this right now" I can stop watching 99.9% of the time. Even if it is Trading Spaces.
2. It is really great to be outdoors. I usually feel better when I am/have been outside. Especially if my jaunt has included some sort of exercise. I am lucky that lately my outdoors has always included minimal pollution, and a magnificent view of the pacific ocean, the b.c. coastal mountains, and beautiful west coast forests. It makes me happy (even when it is overcast).
No comments:
Post a Comment