Monday, January 7, 2008

present.

I am still existing.

Those who know me well know that I often tend to think more thoughts than I actually verbalize. I have operated like this as long as I can remember. Sometimes its a good thing, as I can analyze and reflect, and sort things out independently, without having to jabber on to someone else who may or may not be interested in what I have to say. Sometimes it earns me a, "poor communicator. " And, other times it frustrates me because I find myself unable to articulate the volume or complexity of thoughts in my noggin. (Ironically, as I type I can't remember if I have blogged about this before, or just thought about it).

Anywhoo, the above paragraph is my long-winded way of saying that since my last post, I have thought lots, and typed little. Tonight I will start my effort to get caught up.

Between my last post and Christmas time, I finished my surgery rotation, which made me 1/3 of the way through clerkship, and 2/3 of the way through "the big three" rotations. I continued to love surgery more and more. I enjoy the precision and problem solving - it's like arts and crafts with the human body. Also, I really loved the guts for some reason that I hope doesn't mean I am totally weird. Simultaneously I confirmed that I could never be a surgeon. I can't make work my undisputed first priority for the rest of my career. It's too bad really.

I was tired, and proud, and relieved to have made it to my holiday break. I remember my first days in September when I didn't know how I was going to survive that long, but knew somehow I would. I did. Yesssss.

Entries left to catch up:
festivity and recreation.
2007 (the year).
fifth first day.

goodnight.

No comments: