These are my motivations in life: to understand and appreciate the human spirit; to learn about myself and the world around me; to exist in health and balance; and to be a responsible citizen. I believe they influence all that I do.
- From one of my personal statements, November 2008
- From one of my personal statements, November 2008
That's right. I applied to 36 family practice programs, and 0 pediatrics programs. I had to decide. Here is (the very short version of) what I came up with:
I really love pediatrics (convincing opening, I know), and if I am to be honest, a part of me is sad to be letting it go; however, I have been growing increasingly excited about family practice. I am excited specifically about providing primary care to a diversity of patients - this has become the most important thing for me. I am really looking forward to forming relationships with patients, and being able to advocate for them effectively. I am eager to be able to watch families grow-up and grow old, and I know I will be able to incorporate pediatrics into what I am doing. I am also excited that my career and residency should be flexible in where and how I work.
And now I am sounding too much like those personal letters.
I heard its going to snow here next week. I am pretty excited about that too.
I really love pediatrics (convincing opening, I know), and if I am to be honest, a part of me is sad to be letting it go; however, I have been growing increasingly excited about family practice. I am excited specifically about providing primary care to a diversity of patients - this has become the most important thing for me. I am really looking forward to forming relationships with patients, and being able to advocate for them effectively. I am eager to be able to watch families grow-up and grow old, and I know I will be able to incorporate pediatrics into what I am doing. I am also excited that my career and residency should be flexible in where and how I work.
And now I am sounding too much like those personal letters.
I heard its going to snow here next week. I am pretty excited about that too.
No comments:
Post a Comment