Brynn is 10 months old! Holy doodle!
May has been a fun month, and an explosion of development for Brynn.
We started the month off with a trip to Vancouver for Kyle to write his licensing exam, and then left for 10 wonderful days in Hawaii with Cortney, Trish and Ben. The pictures are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/courtney.lc.collins/HawaiiForSharing?authkey=Gv1sRgCNH517Pm5Ze47QE
It was a really great vacation, and I am so glad we went. Even though it was more time away from home, it was so nice to be able to relax as a family, and to spend time with the Gooshers, who we missed so much this year. Brynn LOVED all the other kids, and the birds, swimming, fish and action in general.
Since we have been back in PG, we have been working to get the garden all in order and seeds and plants in the ground, and I have been slowly adjusting to the fact that I am going to have to go back to work in a month. There is still some adjusting to be done, but I am able to face the thought without crying every time, which is an improvement from where I started!
Brynn has started walking and talking! She can take about 10 steps or so, and seemingly all at once started signing for "more", repeating "oh-dah" for "all done" and spontaneously saying "ta-ta" when she is handed something she is after - mostly cheerios. She also says "mama" mostly while crying, and "dada" excitedly when Kyle enters the room.
We had a great visit from my mom last weekend. Kyle was on call, so he was in and out. Brynn loves spending time with Nana (I think the feeling is mutual), and so while they were playing, I got time to get a bunch of stuff done. It is amazing how I can get through a 'to do' list when I am uninterrupted.
No comments:
Post a Comment