Friday, August 3, 2007

more new york

Monday:
  • stroll in Central Park – our tour guide on Tuesday told us that there is 529 billion dollars of real estate potential in this land
  • American Museum of Natural History – really cool dinosaurs. We were kind of rushed and I ended up missing the Squid and the Whale diorama that was one of my only NY sightseeing goals. Oh geez.
  • pizza on the rooftop of Mom and Alex’s Chelsea apartment
  • Transformers movie in HUGE Time Square Cinema

Tuesday

Wednesday
  • shopping – I really don’t like it…neither does Kyle, so why exactly we decided to go without Alex (fashion consultant and lover of shopping) we are still trying to figure out. We ended up riding the escalators up to the top of the block long, nine storey Macy’s store and then back down for sightseeing purposes. I eventually bought some pajamas so that we felt that we were accomplishing something. Finally, Mom and Alex came to our rescue and I ended up with some new, very needed professional pants, and Kyle got some equally needed shoes.
  • Rockerfeller Centre: celebrity sighting – Michael Buble
  • Radio City Music Hall (the outside)
  • famous Brooklyn pizza joint for dinner, and a walk back home across the Brooklyn Bridge – both were very cool.

Thursday
  • took the train to Boston to visit Leisha!
  • Leisha made dinner for her boyfriend and us, which we enjoyed in his air-conditioned apartment

No comments: