Monday, September 3, 2007

the ants go marching two by two

Preparing to start third year while not knowing much about it other than the fact that it is really busy, kind of feels like you are preparing for the end of your life. Over-dramatic? Perhaps. But seriously, it kind of feels that way...except not as sad. While I realize that I am preparing for a temporary (I hope) life-end - a life-pause - over the last few days I have found myself wondering if I would prepare for a permanent life-end any differently. I don't suppose that I would. I imagine that I would spend my time close to home, with people that I love, doing peaceful activities that I enjoy. No seven world wonders tour for this girl.

My long-weekend was fantastic. Friday night we had friends Aaron and Jieppe and their new little baby Peter over for dinner. I got to rock 18-day old Peter to sleep, which tickled me pink! Saturday Kyle and I packed up drove to Joffre Lakes Provincial Park where we hiked to the base of the glacier and camped overnight. Our timing was perfect, as it stayed dry for us the whole time we were at camp, and then started raining about half an hour into our two hour hike back to the car. Today I got to have lunch with Britt (my sister) and Leisha, ironed all of my professional clothing (which didn't take long because I don't have very much) and cleared off my desk for the start of another year. We even got the fire-place in the family room going for a while this afternoon. All good things. So, although I am really nervous, at least I am feeling content about hitting pause tomorrow morning.

No comments: