Wednesday, September 26, 2007
like a tiger
I hadn't seen Nannie and Grandad for at least a few weeks, despite the fact that they actually live on my route home from the hospital, so, today, on the way home from a very quiet day at the hospital I stopped to visit. It was the third time that I had visited the lodge by bike, and each time I wonder about how appropriate my bike shorts are for the resident population. It's not like I am going to stop wearing them, but for a group of lads and lasses who went to elementary school in a time when it was unusual for girls to wear pants, I understand how the little spandex might raise a few eyebrows. The three of us visited until it was time for dinner, and as I dropped Nannie off at her table on my way out, the fact that I was riding a bike home seemed to be quite interesting and impressive to the ladies. After much encouragement and many well wishes for a safe ride I turned to leave, just as the little lady in the corner remarked, "nice tooshie." Apparently the bike shorts raised at least one set of eyebrows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment