Sunday, December 9, 2007

such is.

Sometimes when you take a step back from you life and think about it, you laugh. Or at least sometimes I do that, and I laugh.

Last Saturday morning after my call shift I sleepily got in the insanely slow elevator to meet my teams for rounds. In an effort to expediate the ride I pressed the 'close door' button, or so I thought, until a voice (I am fairly certain actually existed) asked, "Is there someone stuck in the elevator?" They place that emergency call button dangerously close to the one that closes the door.

On Monday afternoon I was suffering some whole body muscle soreness - legs, arms, back. One would have thought I had worked out intensely the day before in an effort to improve my cardiovascular fitness, overall health, or sculpt my body into a muscle machine. Nope. Just made a few snowmen on my day off.

Another day last week when I got around to eating lunch it was about 7pm, about 7 hours after the 6 hours I had anticipated my lunch being out of refrigeration. I thought about not eating it, but then I thought two other thoughts. 1) I was too hungry not to, and 2) maybe if I started vomiting from food poisoning I would get to go home early. Definitely worth it.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Yeah for sore muscles!!!

They will remind you of joy...even on the longest of days when it feels like the joy of life is forgetting you at that moment!

XO Mum