"This is not a gong show...a gong show is a thing where things aren't organized."
- my Mom, Holidays 2007
- my Mom, Holidays 2007
Ahh the holidays.
I am always excited for some time off of school/work to sleep/read/craft/socialize guilt free, and this year was certainly no exception.
Kyle had to head back to Castlegar the day after I finished surgery, which was a bit of a bummer, but Alex and Mom were back from the big apple, and it was so very nice to have them close by (ie. under the same roof) again.
As usual, the time flew by, taking with it dreams of finishing 8 novels and 14 crochet projects. I didn't mind though, instead I had wonderful visits with family and friends, and I realized that looking forward to 'accomplishing' all those other projects is as important to my mental health than actually executing them. My family even emerged from the 07/08 holidays relatively free from major disasters, and for that I am extremely grateful.
After Christmas the task at hand became getting The Vine ready for living in. Blah blah home depot blah blah IKEA blah blah closet organizers. Kyle and I rang in the new year moving the last of our loads from Burnaby to Vancouver, and we are actually now relatively set-up, minus living room furniture (which turns out to be a handy situation for storing stuff until we acquire a few more shelves). It is absolutely fantastic to be back in the city, closer to the hospitals, yes, and also closer to the essential-to-survival friends we know and love.
1 comment:
In fact...being under the same roof as you and breathing the same air for a while was one of my favourite memories of Christmas 2007!
The 2 days of Collins girl time is in my top 10 all time favourites! Thanks for creating the magic! I love Christmas and I love you!!!!!
XO Mum
Post a Comment