Sunday, March 9, 2008

spring forward.

Come head on, full circle
Our arms fill with miracles
Play hearts, kid, they work well
Like classics play aces
Stay with me, go places
Once more for the ages
- The New Pornographers, Go Places

I am feeling recharged. It's amazing how different time can feel when you are not studying.

This weekend I could have (should have) been studying obstetrics and gynecology, but I found my other-than-studying to do list quite long as well, and decided to focus on the latter. And I did it! I completed every item but one...oh, two actually I am just remembering. Shoot.

Anyway, apart from some frustrations with elective applications on Saturday morning, I had a glorious weekend - one that made me feel lucky, very lucky to be me. I filled out elective applications, crocheted a toque and booties set for Shannon's new little tiny Kieran. Made a series of easter/spring cards, and wrote and addressed all of them, had a delightful dinner (at Vij's) and movie (Michael Clayton) with Kyle, finished my book, had good sleeps, had lunch with my aunt, uncle and cousins, made cookies, had dinner with my Dad, talked to Mom on the phone, paid some bills, cleaned the bathroom, got to the bottom of the laundry bin AND enjoyed one more hour of daylight this evening. Also, I did some thinking, and it was positive.

Kyle left for a two week elective in Nelson this morning, so I am going to be a little lonely for a while. I plan to make up for it by leaving my yarn all over the living room, and my stationary all over the flex room floor. It won't make up for snuggles, but I have to try something.

Onward and upward my friends.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Isn't it great to get a chance to enjoy the simple things in life when all the complicated stuff gets back burnered... if only for a moment?

xo Mum