Well, I think the fact that we will be moving to Prince George in June has finally sunk in. It took a little bit. I think that Match Monday would have been a weird day anyway, as every fourth year medical student in Canada is finding out just how much their lives are going to change (happy, disappointed, or just surprised). I don't know if being kind of blurry and post-call made much of a difference.
At first I was just thinking about how PG is actually really far away from Vancouver (10 hour drive) and Castlegar (11 hour drive), but not that exotic. I was pretty sad about the reality that we are going to be far away from not only our families, and our friend-family that has become so close over the last years. I am still sad to be dispersing, but I am excited for somewhere new, with an interesting population, and a strong program. I had even reached that point before we found out that Trisha and Cortney would be joining us in the Big George for the first year.
Also there is a Michael's. And, I am going to get some cross-country skiis...And a lot of down-filled items.
We don't know where we are going to be living yet, but just like the last post indicates, we are planning on having a second bedroom, so if you ever happen to be in the area (haha) please feel free to stop in for a sleep over.
1 comment:
You KNOW that I am going to be in the area. I may even frequent it!
Considering the short flight, I may even bring frozen spaghetti sauce with me when I come... I am a bit like the postal department... i deliver no matter what the conditions are... and... I just happen to love you two too!!!!
So cheers to you for being brave... so very brave... to second bedrooms and to Air Canada... to PG and new experiences for us all!
xo Mum
Post a Comment