Tuesday, June 9, 2009

a pig named ¨sugar.¨

Well, after 14 hours of travel including walking-taxi-train-taxi-ferry-bus-walking, we arrived in Benalmadena, Spain just (really, just). Today is our4th full day here, and yesterday was the first time I left the hotel property for fear of being caught too far away from a bathroom. Evidently my last plate of couscous gave me an extra special surprise. It´s probably a good thing that our apartment has two single beds! We do push them together each night, but that crack in the middle allows for a certain amount of privacy.

The first couple of days, I pretty much just laid around and watched television in variety of languages. My most entertaining time was a dream I had in which I got a little black pot-bellied pig named, ¨Sugar¨ for a pet. ¨Good name,¨ I thought - I am going to save it in case I ever actually get a little black pot-bellied pig for a pet.

Since then I have visited the pool a few times, and managed a whole 6 minutes of running this morning - things are looking up, thanks to my dear friend Loperamide. It is a relaxing change of pace to be in this vacation town. Now our entertainment comes from marvelling at the British people staying at our resort. Almost everyone else is British, and they are almost entirely unfortunately overweight, smoking, sun-worshippers. I say unfortunate, because only about 2 per hundred acheive a tan, and the other 98 are remain very white...until they turn very pink...sometimes red.

We spend three more nights here, and then we are back to the big city. We will spend three nights in Madrid before heading home.

1 comment:

Patti said...

So all in all... the trip has been memorable so far???

Some people find it challenging to leave their room on their honeymoon long enough to see the sights for much more enjoyable reasons than it would appear you have provided!!!!

xo