Thursday, June 25, 2009

trading rain.

For the most part I try not to daydream when I am riding my bike through the city (instead trying to stay focused on the traffic and other hazards) but two days ago when I was riding home in the sunshine I couldn't help but think about how I was going to miss this city. It was an absolutely beautiful day, and I was cruising through the tree-lined streets. I am going to miss doing that.

Here are some other things I am going to miss:
  • Riding my bike through another rainy November
  • Running to the beach and checking on the eagle's nest
  • Spaghetti sauce at my mom's
  • My mom constantly trying to send us home with half of her orange juice, or cheese, or Spring Mix greens, or sea salt
  • My family
  • The Burrard St. bridge
  • Delicious Asian food of all kinds (mostly noodles and sushi)
  • The sunshine in February
  • The rain the rest of the year
  • The fresh air
  • Running errands on 4th Ave.
  • Bard on the Beach
  • Salad wraps at Granville Island
...just a few. The list is longer, but I have to get back to packing. Tomorrow we load the truck, and Saturday morning we hit the long road to PG.

1 comment:

Patti said...

SO... here's my offer...

A few days in Vancouver in February... hopefully sunshine included... God's work, not mine... spaghetti for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day... a walk over the Burrard street bridge followed by some great asian food at the Shanghai Bistro... sound good? And, oh yeah... you can bring your great man!

Do OJ and salad greens travel well by air... I am certain that cheese does!!!

xo Mum