Friday, July 3, 2009

georgie porgie

It seems that I have been in the business of arriving lately. My latest arrival being in Prince George, where I will spend the next few years (at least).

Last Friday, after about 16 hours of the combined efforts of approximately 8 people, 2 trips to U-Haul and the purchase 2 bike racks, and several donations to Katelyn's new place, most of the contents of our apartment, and the Gooshers apartment were packed and ready to leave for PG. We rolled out early Saturday morning with the boys in the truck (and attached trailer) and the girls each driving a car, and arrived at the new Goosher residence safe and sound that evening.

The next day we drove the 3 blocks from Cortney and Trisha's to our new house to see it for the first time and start unpacking. The house is old, but quite a nice space, with a huge yard that has raspberry bushes, an apple tree, and several gorgeous peony plants! I have dreams of cleaning up some of the available planters for a vegetable garden, but I think I will have to see what kind of energy my call schedule leaves me with.


After living as two people in 500 square feet, it has been an adjustment to occupy a 2 level + unfinished basement, 3-bedroom house, with a yard! I never imagined that I would have to spend time considering which of the 4 possible storage spots for the vacuum cleaner is the most functional, but it is a fun and welcome change!


Kyle and I decided that the paint in the master bedroom was sufficiently worn/pastel enough to warrant a days work...which turned into two of us spending two days painting (again with the list) 4 trips to home depot, 4 different colours, 10-15 tears shed, and 3 gallons of leftover paint, some more useful than others. In the end 3 walls are off white, and one is chocolate brown, and we are mostly satisfied.

colour #2: baby poop

the final coat: just brown

Wednesday night, the eve of orientation we went to sleep in our new bed with our new sheets, in our new room with its new walls, in our new house, in our new town. I like it so far. It seems surreal that we are actually here, starting residency.

No comments: