Friday, July 3, 2009

the next first days

Tomorrow at 8am I start my first call shift as a resident.

I blogged about my first days as a clinical clerk in my third year in September 2007. It seems like that was a long time ago, and I have learned so much since then, but it also seems like yesterday in some ways, and I can remember my fear well.

Tomorrow morning I will head to the hospital, with the same fear, mixed with a little excitement. This time I know that I will survive one way or another, and that for every moment I feel like I want to quit and runaway, I will have hundreds of moments in which I want to stay exactly where I am.


Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you luck..even thought you won't need it. Embrace all of those emotions for they are what make the journey worth while. No fear, no nervousness, no joy...no reward.

D.