Tuesday, July 27, 2010

waiting for marvy.

Well, Marvy's estimated arrival date is (was) today. I suppose he/she still has a few hours, but I don't think it's going to happen. Even if my labour started this minute, it would be pretty fast to be done by midnight!

I am trying not to be impatient, considering I am only at my due date today, but I have been off work for almost 4 weeks now, in limbo the whole time, and I am ready to move on! I realized the other night that my state of mind is similar to what I would I would feel before my last in a long line of exams. I'm not quite ready, but I am tired of getting ready, I'd rather just bring it (labour) on, and take it as it comes. Also it is getting really hot again. Turned on the AC tonight for the first time.

I do have lots to appreciate though. Obviously. At the end of this waiting I get the sweetest prize, not just a break from classes. I continue to feel lucky that I have had such a smooth and healthy pregnancy, that I am in a situation in life in which I can feel excited and positive about becoming a mother, and that I have family and friends that are so excited for us, and supportive of our new "nuclear" (as our little cousin Hugh would say) family.

C'mon Marv, we are really excited to meet you!

No comments: