I have been meaning to post about these amazing flowers that I saw on my ride to work a couple of weeks ago. I have been riding the same route to BC Women's Hospital pretty much everyday, and I hadn't noticed anything different, and then one morning - wabalammo - there are like three-thousand purple and white crocuses covering the front grass of this corner house I ride by. Even though it was still very chilly, I felt cheerful and hopeful knowing the spring was on it's way. The rest of my ride was filled with fond memories of Nannie, who loves crocuses, and used to describe them always as, "the first sign of spring."
Somehow all these crocuses came up in a conversation I was having with Britt - who told me that crocuses always remind her of Nannie, and "the first sign of spring" before I had mentioned my own connection between the two. It's fun how we independently share the same wonderful memory of our Nannie.
1 comment:
I too share the same memory of Nannie! From the time I was a little girl, she awaited spring and all the splendor that it brought to her garden!
There is something reassuring about knowing that nature has a way of renewing all things in life...
God bless Spring and God bless Nannie!
xo mum
Post a Comment