And goodbye 2008, I enjoyed our time together. We started off slowly last January, with Kyle and I ringing in your existence along with moving boxes in the elevator of THE VINE.
I was tired and distracted, spending every fourth night at one hospital or another, but with the spring's additional daylight, came less call, and additional self-time, and we had a good rhythm going. Saturday afternoons at the beach, long weekends at the cabin.
Summer brought with it even more adventures: engagement, camp, kayaking and extended family at Christina Lake, and Fall brought more of the same: Halifax, Duncan, Mayne Island.
2008, your winter brought with it a great plenty of applications, and President Obama, and Preparation for Medical Practice, crafting, and snow, yes, quite a bit of snow...and of course the holidays, as predicted. It’s been a slice.
Back to you 2009. I am getting myself psyched-up for you. It seems we will move through life stages and phases at a pace that is likely only rivaled by my 1983, which included me doubling my body weight, and learning how to crawl, walk, talk, feed myself and recognize my parents. I am starting you as Miss. Courtney Collins who lives in Vancouver, and by your half-way mark I will be Dr. Courtney Merritt (?) who lives...somewhere else. You promise to be exciting and celebratory, and terrifying. Here we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment