Friday, April 15, 2011

Peaceful Mornings.




It is interesting how we fall into a rhythm of things, and the ebbs and flows of how that rhythm goes.

I would have said a few weeks ago, that the morning time was my most challenging time of day. I felt like by the time we got up and fed Brynn a breakfast of breastmilk, and then one of solids, ate breakfast myself, and changed anywhere from 1-3 diapers, I could have been in the last half of a marathon. It was usually somewhere in the hour of 7am. What would we do with ourselves until nap time? Two or three hours can feel like a long time when it is composed of 2 minute activities!


But this week I think that the morning has been my favourite. Brynn and I get our breakfast in, and then do some chores interspersed with play. Then we sit on the floor, and Brynn will play for a few minutes, while I knit for a few minutes, and then we will read a story, then play and knit and read another story or sing a song, and repeat. When we are tired of that we will head to all the windows to check for birds, or garbage trucks or, Brynn's favourite: dog walkers. Sometimes a quick, "hello" to someone on Skype and before we know it, we are singing the pre-nap song.


Lovely, peaceful mornings.

No comments: